shit this means that I actually have to pick up some conversational Italian.
indreamslife said: Good luck! :) What’s the trip for?
post-grad eurotrip! going to museums, taking photos and hopefully not getting kidnapped and sold into slavery! :)
Planning to go to Rome soon — too bad I dumped my only potential guide several months ago.
我只要 just dance
uh oh, 我的床上出现妖怪
theist. i’m a mystic christian, i believe there’s a lot of unsolved mysteries in the world hidden in other texts. i don’t believe that God is limited to just one book. thank you for your comment on my post, i almost cried when i saw it.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.
The other day, I met my Primary School friend for dinner. She was telling me that she gets very happy when she knows that another friend of hers is Christian, so that “when we die, we’ll be able to see each other again”.
But to tell the truth, lately it’s been pretty hard for me to conceptualise — I don’t know what heaven is like, nor do I know what hell is like. Because what I’ve been feeling for so long is nothing but static. I have no joy, no pain, no ecstasy, no anguish. Just plenty of white noise.
This is why I think I’m missing out on life in general. A lot of my friends, and indeed even in school, they talk about “high and low points in life”. I’m sorry to disappoint, but my life has always been 180 degrees flat.
It’s not to say that it’s dull and uninteresting, however. I’ve survived multiple suicide attempts, several sexual assaults and an eating disorder. But I would not qualify any of them as “low points” in my life. I didn’t share this with anyone in my orientation group (it was a team building exercise) because I didn’t want anybody’s pity; it didn’t mentally or emotionally cripple me, so there was really nothing to be trite about.
Part of the reason why I stopped wanting to go to church was because I felt out of place — every sermon, every Sunday school lesson and every cell group meeting was teaching people how to cope. Cope with what, exactly? School stress? Trials and tribulations? I never really quite understood any of it; it felt more like fear-mongering. Finding something to be afraid about and blowing it up to make it seem important.
So, what is heaven? Never ending bliss? But bliss becomes banal after a while. What is hell? Never ending suffering? Suffering leads to endurance. Either way you slice it, you’re still gonna come back to square one.
Some church leaders might say that no one can know for sure what’s in the next life. Well, that makes them horrible salesmen, doesn’t it? Lack of product knowledge.
This is the first of multiple wounds I will open. I have no problems dealing with broken skin but exposed thoughts are a whole different ball game for me.
Make a deal with a friend or relative. Once a week, write a new piece of prose/poetry/music, or design something new, etc. If you cannot meet this weekly deadline, pay a $10 (or $50!) penalty to your friend.
Mom: (to grandma) My daughter is very good with colours. Every time before I go out I ask her if my outfit will do for the occasion.
Awwww mom <3
Me: I don’t like Talia Al Ghul.
Shannon: Me neither, she raped Batman.
I am finding it increasingly difficult to date boys (yes. boys.) my age.
If Moulin Rouge is set in France, why is it only one person has a French accent and everyone else speaks with an upper class British accent?
1. “I couldn’t help it.”
2. “I’m a great listener.”
3. “Mine’s bigger.”
4. “This is a very popular choice.”
5. “I know what I’m doing.”
6. “My ex was soooo hot.”
7. “I didn’t do anything, you’re just paranoid/over sensitive.”
8. “I like honesty.” (Actually, this one is a half truth. They like honesty from everyone else except themselves.)
9. “These match very well.”
10. “I’m not jealous.”
The opposite of Bona Fide (in good faith) is Mala Fide (in bad faith).
Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman/Selina Kyle
Marion Cotillard will be Talia Al Ghul
Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be Alberto Falcone
Now who’s gonna be Bane in The Dark Knight Returns?
(I am torn for MC, because while I really love her and her movies, I absolutely detest Talia Al Ghul. She’s a horrible mother and she constantly can’t make up her mind as to side either Batman or Ra’s Al Ghul.)
1. Some form of communication is needed to maintain the relationship
2. Able to pick you up when you’re down
3. Conversely, able to piss the living shit out of you
4. Company is mutually enjoyed
5. Helps you to find out more about yourself by caring for another person
1. You can tell your friends anything. Sometimes, lovers can’t handle the truth.
2. In an affair, ups and downs are more volatile.
3. In a friendship, accepting the other’s faults results in a stronger bond, while in an affair it devolves into a “comfortable carpet slipper” syndrome
4. Obligations carry a heavier weight in affairs
5. Romance, passion and flirtation are not usual features of a friendship
Forms of Amalgamation:
- Friends with benefits — casual sex with friends with no strings attached
- Intellectual affairs — may or may not involve sex, the primary union is the meeting of the minds, which is just as potent.
- Petits Amusements — small flirtations among friends. My personal drug of choice.
Can a friend ever become a lover?
Absolutely. In fact, because a friend knows so much about you and has gotten past the trust threshold, s/he has an easier job of charming you.
Can a lover ever become a friend?
Yes, if the lover keeps a light-hearted and open attitude towards his/her former beau.